HGV Technician Apprenticeship
|Section:||Vehicle Workshop||Post Number:||June/2015|
|Location:||Tipton/Tamworth||Hours:||Dependent on Shift|
|Responsible to:||Workshop Controller||Salary Range:||Dependent on Shift & Experience|
|Contract Type:||Permanent||Closing Date:||July 31st 2015|
To provide a maintenance and repair service to all vehicles entering the workshop in a timely and productive manner.
To prepare vehicles to a standard to enable MOT pass.
Your main duties will include:
- Service and repair customer vehicles
- Fault finding and diagnosis of hydraulic and electrical systems
- Welding and fabrication
- Completion of statutory inspection sheets
- Preparing vehicles for MOT testing
- Providing an efficient breakdown service with in field repairs to the highest standard of workmanship.
- To ensure all Health & Safety policies and procedures are complied with in line with current legislation
- To take part in any training or development deemed necessary to carry out tasks.
- To complete other duties as requested by a manager.
- To undertake standby and break down callout duties as part of your role.
Technical skills, knowledge and experience of all mechanical repair aspects of a commercial vehicle workshop on a full range of vehicles.
- Ability to complete clerical work, to include clear and accurate completion of job cards, all service / inspection sheets in various formats.
- Must have the ability to use a variety of IT systems to include diagnostic equipment and time management systems, and to be well organised in your approach to all of the above mentioned items.
- Up-to-date knowledge of vehicle legislation, and trade practices i.e. VOSA legislation and drivers hours etc.
- Any relevant technical and engineering qualification required.
- Must be able to inspect and repair vehicles to a minimum standard laid down in the Guide to maintaining roadworthiness issues by VOSA.
Directly responsible to: Depot Manager / Workshop Controller
Responsible for: No direct reports
Workshop Controller, Workshop Supervisor, Operations Director, Parts Manager, Service Supervisor, Parts Supervisor, Financial Controller, IT Manager, HR Manager, Customers, Representatives.